Delivery Project Manager/Lead Consultant
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, and ambitious Delivery Project Manager with the desire to develop their career in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment.
Due to our continued rapid growth, we are looking for a talented, energetic, and ambitious Project Team Leader/Lead Consultant who has the desire to develop their career in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment. This is a pivotal role in our Projects, Delivery & Support function. In this role you will be responsible for leading the delivery and implementation of a portfolio of industry-leading financial/transactional data reconciliation software solutions to clients in a range of industry verticals and geographies. Our solutions reconcile our client’s complex high volume financial and transactional data sources, delivering transformational change and adding real value and control to their processing, reporting and financial management. You will be accountable for the end-to-end delivery of projects assigned to your team and the line management and development of the consultants in the team who work with you to deliver them.
You will understand business requirements, manage client expectations, and ultimately deliver tangible, enduring successful outcomes. This will typically involve working directly with client's end users, stakeholders, and sponsors, from the reconciliation team to the Finance Director/CFO. The role requires business analysis skills and understanding of business data sources and how they can be linked and integrated: databases, financial data sources, scripts, APIs etc. You will build a growing awareness and deep understanding of the technical capabilities of the Aurum product and span the transition from business analysis to technical consultancy to solution build, through the management/development of your small team of technical consultants & solution builders/scripters.
You and your team will work with new customers to understand their reconciliation, control and reporting requirements and data sources and then design the solution and configure/script the Aurum product to meet the client’s specific needs to deliver a solution of real value. You will be responsible for your team’s resource management/scheduling and for managing and monitoring day-to-day deliverables. You will support, motivate, and lead by example, and alongside management colleagues within delivery, promote the Aurum culture and ways of working. You will be passionate about empowering team members and investing in their development & progression. At Aurum, you will be fully supported and mentored to become successful in your role – and be involved in our improvement initiatives, providing a great opportunity to demonstrate and develop your skillset and focus on areas of your specific interests. You will be exposed to many aspects of a dynamic and growing software company. If you want to grow your career where your skills are highly valued across the financial technology sector and beyond, this is a great place to build and progress.
- A degree, ideally in Mathematics, Computer/Data Science, Accounting, Economics.
- Business system and Data analysis experience.
- General understanding of accounting principles and terminology.
- Ability/aptitude to analyse the solution and span business analysis into technical consultancy
- Naturally organised/proactive: excellent time management and the ability to hit deadlines.
- Hands-on management style with proven team development experience.
- Excellent ‘customer’ facing skills and ability to deal with various stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, flexing style, temperament, tone, etc.
- Strong emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving mindset and great team player.
- “Can do, will do” attitude. Resilient and optimistic in the face of adversity.
- Experience of delivering projects, in a finance, accounting or business data environment.
- Formal Project management experience/knowledge.
- Experience in a client facing role (or ability to do so).
- Knowledge of Databases (e.g. MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL or Oracle), APIs, writing queries, scripts etc.
- Competitive salary with a Share Option Scheme.
- Regular company social activities, team-building events, and a fun work environment (e.g., Breakfast Mondays, Beer & Pizza Thursdays, etc.).
- Ongoing training and development.
- Great offices to work at in the heart of Reading town centre.
- Learning opportunities and experience in a fast-growing company.
- Opportunity to work with passionate people.
- Travel opportunities.
- 25 days annual leave, employer pension contribution and death in service insurance.