Solution Build/Application Support Analyst
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, and ambitious Solution Build/Application Support Analyst with the desire to develop their career in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment.
Due to our continued rapid growth we are looking for talented, energetic people to join our dynamic Solution Build; and Application Support teams.
These teams are responsible for implementing and supporting our industry-leading financial reconciliation software solutions. Configured within the Aurum platform, our solutions reconcile complex, high volume financial data sources and systems to add real value and control to our clients' financial operations and monitoring.
Solutions which use our specially configured Aurum platform to reconcile complex high volume financial data sources and systems. Solutions that add real value and control to our clients' financial operations and monitoring.
You will quickly play a key role in client projects delivering products and services that will be used by a range of high profile clients across a diverse range of industries and geographies.
In Solution Build you will be working with our Project Leads/Business Analysts to understand clients’ reconciliation, control, and reporting requirements before configuring/scripting the Aurum product to deliver a solution/process that meets clients' specific needs. You will be dealing with multiple data sources/formats and will identify ways of efficiently interpreting and automating data feeds through APIs and other integration technologies.
In Application Support you will be dealing with customer support cases to ensure the continual delivery of successful outcomes. This will typically involve working directly with clients' end users and sponsors, dealing with a diverse range of support issues relating to databases, financial data sources, scripts, APIs etc; as well as providing user training and guidance for the effective use of the Aurum platform.
You will be exposed to many aspects of the product delivery lifecycle including Project Management and Business and Data Analysis. If you want to launch a career in Fintech, in a practice where your skills are highly valued and in demand across the technology sector and beyond, this is a great place to start.
As a member of the team, you will be fully supported and mentored to become successful in your role – and gain skills that will give you the opportunity to progress to other roles within Aurum. Separate to the core role, all team members are encouraged to be involved in our improvement initiatives, providing a great opportunity to demonstrate and develop your skillset and focus on areas of your specific interests.
This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting, dynamic business on a real growth curve. Be part of the Aurum story!
- A BSc in Maths/Physics, Computer Science, Data Science. Finance/Accounting or equivalent apprenticeship experience.
- Basic knowledge of Databases, writing queries etc (e.g. MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL or Oracle).
- Interest in technology; finance.
- Strong work ethic and can-do attitude.
- Personable and social.
- Problem-solving mindset.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to discuss and challenge ideas as part of our continuous improvement strategy.
- Experience in working with APIs and Postman.
- Experience in coding/scripting e.g. Microsoft Visual Studio, Python.
- General understanding of accounting principles and terminology.
- Experience with Accounting Software e.g. Sage, Xero etc.
- Experience with Financial/Payments/Client Money reconciliation and reporting.
- Competitive salary with share option scheme.
- 25 days annual leave, employer pension contribution and death in service insurance.
- Great offices to work at in the heart of Reading town centre (Dog-friendly!) Corporate Gym Membership
- Regular company social activities, team-building events and a fun work environment (e.g., Breakfast Mondays, Beer & Pizza Thursdays, etc.).
- Ongoing training and development.
- Learning opportunities and experience working with many departments across a fast-growing company.
- Opportunity to work with passionate people who all share in the company's success.